ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
This position is responsible for help planning, organizing, controlling and coordinating the activities associated with scheduled work during planned outages. This will include review of schedule, monitoring progress and dealing with project change under the direction of Outage Manager.
- To plan, in conjunction with the Outage Manager and the team and execute outages in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Assist in preparing outage budget estimates.
- Monitor progress against established schedules.
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.
- Support the project management team in coordinating project planning activities
- Work with project management team to develop tools and templates
- Implement processes and procedures and conduct training sessions when necessary
- Coordinate all project management, engineering and construction activates
- Interface between various internal stakeholders (project services, engineering, procurement, construction, quality)
- Support the project management team in monitoring project performance (cost, schedule, quality) and assist in completing and distributing regular project reports (including issues, status, and KPI’s) to key stakeholders
- Support the coordination of project close-out activities and transfer to operations
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Experience on projects with high risk and complexity preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
- Familiar with Planning Processes
- Bachelors’ Degree, Diploma, Certificate or related
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4+ years of experience as a Project Coordinator role or equivalent for nuclear power plant industry or related construction/industrial projects
- Supervisory experience is considered as asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Familiar with Planning Processes
- Construction trade certification is beneficial.
- Computer Literacy; MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Primavera P6, Strong Passport skills, and Black & McDonald JD Edwards
- Proven understanding of project management, engineering and construction processes and relevant software
- Available to travel