ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Facilities Maintenance team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you. We're looking for great talent to join our growing team as a Building Operator. Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct routine property and site inspections and perform maintenance as required on various sites in and around the Greater Toronto Area.
- Complete preventive/demand maintenance tasks (chemical treatment maintenance, filter changes, belt replacement, lubrications, cleaning of utility rooms, maintenance of fire prevention systems, testing and inspecting equipment).
- Inspect, operate, maintain and repair boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, pumps, generators, uninterruptible power supplies, life safety system, etc.
- Monitor electrical power distribution system, building automation system, and respond to alarms expeditiously and methodically.
- Perform minor repairs: replace washers/faucets; clear sinks toilets and drains; replace pumps/motors; reset breakers, etc.
- Ensure maximum energy efficiency, inspect/operate/maintain and repair mechanical/electrical systems and equipment (including boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, pumps, generators, life safety system, etc.).
- Ensure all equipment are operated in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable government codes and regulations.
- Ability to Work Independently
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical systems and BAS.
- Building Environment System certificate or a trade license (BES 1 and/or 2).
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Building Operator with 3-5 years’ facilities maintenance and operations experience.
- Strong technical capabilities in building systems and equipment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENT
- Ability to work independently, travelling to various sites in the GTA.
- Excellent customer service skills in ensuring client requests are responded to professionally and promptly.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and/or working at heights.
- Bending and lifting (under 30kg) required.
- Valid driver’s license is required, with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must obtain and maintain necessary security clearance.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.