Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Sub-Contractor Coordinator is an integral member of the team responsible for delivering projects of varying size and complexity. The Sub-Contractor Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of sub-contractor field work, including preparation, execution and closeout activities in accordance with scope, cost and schedule under the direction of your manager .
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by trades in alignment with maintenance technical fundamentals/best trade practices/client standards.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours.
- Keep the PM/OM, Construction Manager and Site Manager informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Prepare & issue progress reports to PM/OM and or clients.
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Maintain Sub-Contractor Monitor Log of all observed sub-contractor work.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Implement processes and procedures and conduct training sessions when necessary
- Interface between various internal stakeholders (project services, engineering, procurement, construction, quality)
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology or a trade certificate
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of nuclear electrical supervisor experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a Coordinator or equivalent in a nuclear power plant.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience on projects with low risk and complexity
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
- Proven understanding of project management, engineering and construction processes and relevant software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- A Client Security Clearance will be required.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.