The Civil Site Superintendent shall be responsible for providing superior leadership and management for the project(s) in accordance with policies and procedures adopted by the Company. The Civil Site Superintendent shall foster an environment of cooperation and support to enable emloyees to perform to their maximum potential.
The Civil General Superintendent is responsible for the following activities:
- Estimate as needed, secure, and execute work to support the profitable growth of the division;
- Monitoring day-to-day operations of the project (s) to ensure timely and accurate completion of work and reports with a focus on adherence to established systems and procedures;
- Ensure that safety policies are properly established, communicated, and implemented on the project;
- Provide levels of service quality on the project such that Black & McDonald is regarded as substantially beyond all competition based both on internal and external measures;
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with clients;
- Continuously identify and assess risks so as to minimize the exposure of the Company;
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations;
- Readily accessible to people at all levels and to assist them by lending experience to their decision making; and
- Promote and secure spin-off work and new business to leverage the existing infrastructure of Company.
- Coordinate with the PMs to schedule crews
Mentor and develop high potential employees and supervisors
- Manage all personnel issues
- Help resolve issues related to the project
- Attend business development, pre-bid, and construction meetings
- Recruit quality Site Supervisors and craft employee
The Civil Site Superintendent is expected to direct the activities of Black & McDonald in a highly ethical and professional manner.
- 10-Years of Civil Construction (Site work, drilled shaft foundations, slab foundations) Experience.
- Extensive and Broad Experience in Civil Work involving the construction of Electrical Substations, High-Voltage Electrical Transmission Lines, and all Civil construction aspects of Wind Farm Construction.
- Working knowledge of various drilling techniques including rock drilling, slurry methods, temporary and permanent casing, and vibratory methods.
- Working knowledge of equipment associated with Civil Construction. Possess the ability to specify and be involved in the procurement process.
- Ability, and willingness, to travel in order to obtain and manage customers and projects.
- Must be a demonstrated communicator and team player.
- Must possess the ability to perform job estimates and quantity take-offs as required.
- Must possess proficient skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess Class A CDL Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Bi-lingual communications ability a great plus, English/Spanish.
- Demonstrated Safety Performance Record.