Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
This position is responsible for tracking all work inside the Work Protection Permit and provides support to the Holder of Record (HoR).
- DWGC will provide support to the Holder of Record (HoR) when required
- Knowledgeable of all work being performed under that Work Protection Permit by their Work Group Holder of Record
- Ensures all tasks for the Holder of Record(s) Work Group are closed out properly dispositioned in the Work Management system prior to surrender of Work Protection Permit.
- Assists the Holder of Record with completion of the Surrender Quality Hold Point (SQHP) Record and Summary
- Ensures a Maintenance Log is maintained if required
- The Dedicated Work Group Coordinator shall not be assigned by any Holder of Record responsibilities
- The Dedicated Work Group Coordinator may plan and coordinate actions for testing (PC14-N) by notifying other Holder of Record(s)/ Work Group Coordinator(s) of:
- Testing that will be scheduled on the plan
- Testing requiring review by the Work Protection Permit Holder of Record(s)
- Required lockout board activities
- Work Protection Permit returned to pre-test conditions
For large complex Work Protection Permit, it is recognized that a Dedicated Work Group Coordinator may be required for any of the following:
- Large multi-task Work Protection Permit which involves:
- Work with a large scope
- Work that is complex in nature (Example; Turbine or Heat Transport Work Protection Permit supported by internal Condition Guarantees)
- Complex work associated with multiple Trade Groups or Work Groups
- Complex work associated with extensive testing
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Work Protection Qualification level 5 or higher would be ideal
- General knowledge of LOTO programs and flow sheet reading would be considered an asset
- Knowledge in Excel, Passport & OPG software would be considered an asset
- Trade certificate would be considered an asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Familiar with Planning Processes
- Construction trade certification is beneficial.
- Computer Literacy; MS Word, Outlook & Excel