Black & McDonald’s Maintenance Division in Kansas City is Growing! If you are a collaborative and detail-orientated professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Field Project Manager will work out of our Kansas City, MO office, and typically reports directly to the Manager of the Maintenance Division. The Field Project Manager is responsible for our Traffic Signal Maintenance work, which includes estimates, coordination with our General Foreman, billing assistance, working with our maintenance clients, and costs management.
The Field Project Manager will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Execute Traffic Signal Maintenance Operations in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the Traffic Signal Maintenance industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Monitor Traffic Signal Maintenance budget estimates.
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Key activities include business development, estimating, material management, subcontractor relationships, production and general supervision.
- Oversee contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Supervise the activities of subcontractor and our labor activities
- Strong emphasis placed on safety.
- Perform visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRA)
- Promote prevention of accidents and provide a safe working environment – No Lost Time Incidents
- Adherence to Black & McDonald Code of Business and to Corporate Policies
- Professional presentation of employees, sites, offices & equipment
- Participate in the achievement of the Corporate, Regional, and Divisional Objectives
- Ensure accurate WIP’s, Labor Productivity Reports & Compliance to Operational Guidelines
- Participate in B&M Way, Quality, Community, Environmental Responsibility, & Customer Satisfaction
- Execution of work, on time, and on budget
- Human Resources Effectiveness
- Monthly Review Criteria and Reporting Procedures
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or Higher Level of Learning
- 5 Years of experience in Traffic Signal Maintenance
- Experience with adaptive controls and intelligent traffic management systems a plus
- IMSA Certifications are a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- In Touch with current trends in the Traffic Signal Market