Black & McDonald’s Marketing & Communications team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is located in Markham, ON and report directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
The Bilingual Marketing & Communications Coordinator is a key role within the Marketing & Communications Department. This role will support the administrative requirements of the department, manage/coordinate the National and Regional initiatives of the department and provide support with development of bilingual (English/French) communications
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Director in coordinating the work of the department including project tracking, bi-weekly and quarterly reporting, updating and tracking department project lists, meeting coordination, communications and other administrative tasks
- Organize the logistics and bookings for both national and regional trade shows and events
- Research and write content in collaboration with other team members to use across multiple communication vehicles
- Translate corporate communications and marketing content into French for multiple internal and external channels
- Coordinate with external vendors including printers, trade show and conference organizers and website hosting providers
- Manage the National Project Profile Database (NPPD) on SharePoint (e.g., updates, proofreading and formatting) and provide support to “Super Users”
- Monitor and coordinate public inquiries, complaints and compliments received via social media channels and the website.
- Support the team with social media analytics reporting and content posting.
- Manage the corporate branded e-store for promotional items including inventory monitoring, item selection and quality control
- Develop various presentation materials, sourcing information from multiple sources
- Project management, content sourcing/development and writing for communication tools such as company brochures, flyers, posters, banners, social media etc.
- Other duties as required by the Director of Marketing & Communications
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Degree or Diploma in
- Office Administration and/or Marketing
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years’ of administrative work experience within the marketing and communications field in a corporate setting
- Experience coordination trade show and events will be considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Fully Bilingual (English & French), both written and spoken
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be detail oriented and client focused
- Excellent writing skills
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)