ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Project Cost Control Analyst is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario and reports directly to the Cost & Schedule Reporting Supervisor.
The Projects Cost Control Analyst will be responsible for supporting the project managers with the cost performance relating to all project and outage work at the region. Developing and maintaining weekly cost reports. The Project Cost Control Analyst will be proficient in cost management and productivity reporting in JD Edwards software. The Project Cost Control Analyst will develop and maintain a weekly schedule of reports that are to be distributed to all management, Project Managers as well as the client in some cases. This position requires a lot of flexibility due to the changing needs of the internal and external customers. The Project Cost Control Analyst will work closely with the Finance department on a regular basis within the regional structure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup WBS for large and small projects within the Power Generation Region model with project team.
- Reconcile labour and non-labour at a Job level to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Create and or provide weekly reports.
- Provide Project Managers with CPI and production rates as required.
- Support Project Managers and Project Controls Manager as required.
- Collaborate with Finance and manage all aspects of the monthly accruals.
- Report Quarterly on projected gross margin at completion of project work, assist with divisional projections.
- Forecasting of project work for cost overruns.
- Use earned value to calculate CPI and forecast labour cost on all projects.
- Project gross margin.
- Work within a team atmosphere and be a team player.
- Setup / maintain Change Management in JDE.
- Other cost related duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of secondary school
- Completion of a college program in related field is required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience cost control, project administration and or related field
- A Nuclear Security Clearance must be achieved for employment on site
- JD Edwards software experience is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Shall be a competent person as defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Effective Communication, Presentation and Written skills
- Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Computer Literacy; MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- A Client Security Clearance will be required