ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Facilities Management & Operations (FMO) team is growing! If you are an enthusiastic, hands-on, people-oriented professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Facility Manager position is located in Vancouver and reports directly to the FMO Division Manager.
The Facility Manager for the VCC contract will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate and execute all contractual obligations according to the Facilities management agreement according to schedule, specifications and budget. They will manage the facility maintenance service schedules, budget, billings, and changes to the contract scope and be the key individual representing Black & McDonald. Emphasis is placed on reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with facility contract changes under the direction of the Division Manager.
- In conjunction with the Division Manager, plan and execute the Facility maintenance contract in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Plan and manage the Facility’s maintenance budget.
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Manage the implementation of quality control programs.
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union matters.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Hire supervise and coordinate the activities of building operators and subcontractors.
- Provide mentoring for onsite staff.
- Manage the implementation of Company and legislated Health and Safety Programs, including Tool Box meetings, safety procedures, and compliance to PPE.
- Material and equipment purchasing for secured jobs.
- Travel to various sites or clients to undertake the above.
- Conduct and document weekly site safety inspections and follow up on corrective actions.
- Attend company meetings such as All Staff Quarterly Meetings.
- Purchasing and distribution of tools and equipment.
- Support Building Operators as required.
- Maintain compliance with all Corporate Policies and safety management systems.
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Completion of secondary school required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience in facility operations or maintenance at multiple site locations.
- Several years of experience in the building maintenance industry, including experience as a supervisor or field superintendent may be beneficial.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Thorough knowledge of Computer Programs is an asset and Microsoft Office Suite is important.
- Completion of the Basics of Supervision training.
- Facilities Management certification or equivalent is an asset.
- Available to travel locally between facilities.
- A Criminal Record Check and Driver’s abstract are required.