ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Utilities team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Project Controls Analyst is located in Kansas City and typically reports directly to the Financial Officer.
Project Controls Analyst works in conjunction with the Project Manager, and Engineering Manager to create and manage the day to day costs of the project. This role will be responsible for providing timely cost and performance measurements while evaluating assigned project(s) from start to finish and in accordance with schedule, bid specifications and budget. Their primary focus is project set up, planning, monitoring progress, scheduling, quality, costs management, estimating, reporting, and managing project change under the direction of senior leadership.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare financial documents for assigned project in regards to cost, schedule, quality, safety, and contract performance
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards as per company policy and contract specifications
- Plan, prepare, monitor, and manage construction schedule and milestones
- Establish and maintain cost tracking reports to monitor budgets against actual costs and forecasts
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with applicable standards – i.e. HSE regulations, company policies and procedures, and contract requirements
- Track budget, expenditure and contract term for all subcontractors
- Assist with change management support, including maintenance of project change log
- Lead subcontractor invoice review process, obtain approvals, track approval process and payment coordination
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
- Assist with contract/subcontract compliance issues
- Initiate term extensions and closures of subcontracts when appropriate
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Strategic Perspective
- Degree or Diploma in Financial accounting or a related field
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 or more years of experience managing project financials
- Experience with project set up and reporting
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, concepts, and techniques in project cost accounting, project financial controls, and project scheduling.
- Skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks under general supervision and guidance.
- Ability to independently organize own work to meet established objectives, using discretion in performing duties.
- Attention to details
- SharePoint experience preferred
- PMP certification beneficial
- Organization and time management
- Willing and able to travel frequently at the beginning of the project
Advanced user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system preferred