ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Project Manager position is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Senior Project Manager.
The Project Manager will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. Emphasis is placed on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager.
- To plan, in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager, to execute projects in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist in the in the development and implementation of quality control programs.
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union matters.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- Perform sales calls and visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of Grade 12
- A university degree in engineering or a college diploma in construction technology may be an asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience in trades or staff position
- Minimum 5 years of Supervisory experience
- Nuclear security clearance
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Computer Literacy; MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Black & McDonald JD Edwards
- Familiar with Project Management Processes; Project Controls, Work Planning & Scheduling, Labour Relations and Contract Management