ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Corporate Services Group team is growing! If you are an analytical and collaborative professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you.
The Business Analyst Project Manager, FSG will be involved in the execution of diverse projects and initiatives, including managing and/or documenting requirements related to the gathering, analysis, research, testing and final delivery of a variety of solutions in a timely and effective manner, while applying a high degree of professionalism in establishing and maintaining project time lines, and managing multi-level stakeholders and their expectations from FMO and Service business and operations. These responsibilities extend to business and technical support of all operational tools and department’s technologies, including JDE and DSI.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Elicit, define, gather, analyze and document business requirements and solutions for new projects and enhancements to existing applications supporting operation business processes, tools and reporting.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, developing and implementing solutions.
- Applies knowledge of the business and system tools in collaboration with CSG and regional stakeholders in the development and evaluation of design solutions that support the business functions, processes and applications.
- On-going assessment and identification of process gaps and productivity enhancement opportunities.
- Generating key documentation for business system test strategies, support procedures, creating and reviewing test plans and test scenarios, validating test results and analyzing defects.
- Leads assigned projects from project initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results and timelines.
- Project management tasks will include providing status reports, maintaining the project plan, presenting during steering committee meetings, and timely reporting on key project metrics.
- Provide support during all project phases and in particular project initiation, workshops, project management, risk management, change management, delivery, training and user acceptance testing.
- Coordinating the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of project, program and portfolio schedules, performance measures and audit/quality assurance activities to ensure project management governance adherence
- Collects, centralizes and maintains documentation related to assigned and supporting projects
- Play a key role in reviewing, updating and improving our internal documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of requirement gathering principles. Approaches and process modelling
- Strong ability to effectively communicate (verbally and written) between technical and non-technical audiences with all levels within the organization
- Organization and facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Ability to cope under pressure and maintain focus, dealing effectively with setbacks while remaining positive
- Portrays a positive image and motivates colleagues at all times to ensure continued success
- Embraces change and always willing to adopt new practices
- Holds self and others accountable
- Ability to approach problems logically, under pressure and seek innovative solutions
- Understands the needs and perspectives of both internal and external customers
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Values and respects others, encourages and supports diversity
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and in a team environment
- Adaptability and ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner while demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- University degree, college diploma, or related experience
- IIBA and PMP certification an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years’ business analysis experience
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2-5 years of JD Edwards (JDE) knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of all standard PC software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Lync, etc.) and Microsoft Project, Visio or equivalent mapping or planning tools.
- Government Services Canada (PWGSC) clearance at the Secret level preferred OR alternatively must be able to obtain Secret level clearance upon commencing employment
- Knowledge of Facility Management and Service industry
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English
- Ability to work effectively in a goal-oriented team environment
- Ability to quickly grasp, articulate and document complicated business and technical issues
- Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement certifications/experience would be an asset
- Eligible to work in Canada (citizen/permanent resident)
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.
Apply to this Career Opportunity
Explore all opportunities at Black & McDonald