Reporting to the Management, the HS&E Senior Advisor will evaluate, monitor health and safety hazards and control risks in the workplace. They are responsible to oversee workplaces to ensure compliance with company, client, and government policies, procedures, acts and regulations. The Advisor will ensure proper application and use of Black & McDonald’s Safety Management System.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide HS&E leadership, guidance, and support to the Construction and Services Divisions.
- Conduct site tours and inspections of job sites, facilities, and equipment for compliance with general and specific safety standards.
- Conduct incident investigations, audits of subcontractor safety management systems, loss control programs, and non-compliance issues, prepare reports and make recommendations for changes as necessary.
- Successfully implement and manage the Certificate of Recognition Program (COR), for the Region.
- Participate as required in incident investigation and reviews.
- Assist with implementation of return to work process.
- Prepare and distribute HSE monthly statistics.
- Provide the project manager and site supervision with the services and technical advice needed for the proper administration of the HSE program.
- Maintain project incident reporting and data collection system, coordinate investigations and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Effective implementation of the hazard/risk assessment process to ensure the correct level of control is being applied to the risk factors.
- Participate in the pre job planning and job hazard analysis (JHA) on all new or potentially hazardous work.
- Coordinate continuing HSE education, programs and courses for appropriate personnel.
- Post and maintain HSE bulletins, posters, rules and regulations.
- Ensure Black & Mc Donald orientations and awareness training are conducted for all staff/workers.
- Act as liaison between project-line management and the HSE department.
Education and Skill Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a discipline such as Occupational Health & Safety or Environmental Studies would be preferred.
- 10 years of related work experience within the construction industry
- bilingual (French & English)
- Microsoft Office, computer literacy (word, excel, power point)
- Leadership and autonomy