ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking an experienced and motivated sales hunter to join the National Facility Services Team. This senior sales role reports to the Senior Director Facility Service Sales and will be the primary business development representative for national account opportunities.
- Consistent with Black & McDonald’s go to market strategies, the BDR will prospect, pursue and acquire national Service and portfolio Facilities Management accounts.
- The BDR will work with Regional Division Managers, National Facility Services Account Manager and other stakeholders to grow the existing business of customers with multiple sites across multiple regions.
- The BDR will work with sales team members across Canada as required and with the direction of the Sr. Director.
- The BDR will coordinate sales’ team effort in pursuit of qualified opportunities.
- Work closely with the Directors of Sales and Bid Development as well as Operations leaders to design and develop service solutions, proposals and pricing for opportunities that effectively communicate solutions that meet and exceed client expectations.
- Support and input to B&M Operations and Legal for the purposes of commercial and legal review and negotiation.
- Support and input to Operations and FSG in the implementation of new contracts.
- Participate in regular Sales Update meetings to share and identify opportunities in Facility Services.
- Support the National/Portfolio Account Manager(s) in the ongoing relationship with clients as and when needed.
Strategic Planning and Reporting
- Participate in national strategic planning with the goal of the development of strategic BDR, marketing and operations planning, setting objectives, and identifying methods to reach those goals.
- Support sales and marketing teams with initiatives and campaigns related to these markets.
- Identify and support potential strategic partnerships that will support B&M’s goals and planned growth.
- Report and present progress, activity, successes and challenges to regional and senior management.
- Support the effective use of technology and tools such as Salesforce, Zoom Info and others throughout all B&M business lines
Competency Requirements (Skilled to Advanced level)
- Adaptable and Change Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Education & Skills Valued
- A university degree or college diploma in business commerce or related sales/marketing discipline is considered an asset
- Experience with National accounts, and/or HVAC services and equipment is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, bilingualism is considered an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to network using various methods
- Availability to travel across Canada; as required
- Competency in computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Competency in a web based sales tracking software such as Sales Force
- Will train and support the person with the right combination of skills to become successful
BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi‑trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward‑thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor of your interest and intent to apply before applying.