ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
If you are an agile learner, focused on continuous improvement, leadership, and quality service delivery, this position is for you! This is an exciting opportunity to join our procurement team and grow the capabilities of Black & McDonald across North America. The National Procurement Lead (Utility Category) reports functionally to the Director of National Procurement and Dotted-Line to the various regions/project execution teams and shall be responsible for overlooking assigned complex procurements/sourcing requirements for the Electrical & Utilities groups.
The successful candidate will initiate, negotiate, analyze, draft and execute the entire sourcing cycle and Procure-to-pay, in addition to expediting orders, and logistics. The National Procurement Lead will also support contractual and commercial matters while driving compliance with procurement & contracting policies and procedures. The incumbent shall ensure effective stakeholder engagement to maximize collaboration and enhance the overall performance of the Procurement Team. The role may require some mobility to support the various offices while mentoring and coaching the assigned team members within this category.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the sourcing strategies for the assigned areas of spend under the Electrical & Utilities Category
- Build and leverage strategic suppliers relationship to enable the estimation teams in winning various projects
- Maximize collaboration and alignment across various regions by leveraging national spend and current market relationships
- Execute regional sourcing demand to ensure project plans and programs are met while creating value
- Ensure appropriate execution and compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Carry-out the entire sourcing process, starting from demand management and suppliers profiling process by collaboratively engaging all stakeholders including end-users and suppliers/contractors.
- Conduct, analyze and evaluate proposals by comparing costs, specifications, and delivery terms to propose recommendations to drive total cost of ownership
- Implement various sourcing strategies for the Utility Category through the awarding of Purchase Orders and establishing Framework/Partnership/Blanket Agreements
- Carry-out procurement/contracts negotiation to secure favourable terms and conditions while maximizing value creation
- Expedite all awarded commitments issued through Purchase Orders/Agreements across various regions to meet delivery targets and avoid any foreseen delay.
- Identify potential source of supply while conducting suppliers prequalification assessment
- Participate with superiors in resolving disputes with suppliers and other external parties as part of SRM.
- Carry-out independently periodical benchmarking studies to report on the various markets development
- Comply and ensure adherence to the delivery of the agreed Procurement Performance Measurements (i.e. SLA, KPIs, etc.).
- Provide and update superior with the progress status related to the execution of assigned tasks to ensure
- Carry-out and ensure that all procurement processes are automated and properly implemented
- Perform related duties as assigned by superiors to enable achievement of the Organization targets and objectives
- Participate in various projects related to process improvements and better customer engagement
- Mentor and coach assigned team members within his category to develop their procurement capabilities
- Communicates and negotiates effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Additional exposure in mechanical industry will be an asset.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical discipline.
- A certifications/designations in procurement is considered an asset i.e. CSCMP, CPSM, APICS, MCIPS.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10-12 years of complex technical procurement/sourcing experience in the utility industry is preferred (or Construction, Facility Management, Oil & Gas, or Manufacturing, related directly to Utility Procurement/Contracts/Strategic Sourcing/SCM).
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of North America Markets, Suppliers and Regulations. Global market knowledge will be an asset.
- Good Knowledge of procurement systems (i.e. SAP, Ariba, Oracle, JDE, etc.).
- High degree of competency in the use of all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Comfortable with repetitive and high attention to detail tasks