ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Manager is located in Ottawa, Ontario and reports directly to the Division Manager. The Project Manager will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and provide scheduling, planning, organizing of labour, subcontractors and materials
- Able to run multiple projects at once with multiple customers and different scopes.
- Ensure company safety policy is adhered to on all projects
- Liaison with project owners, architects and engineers, general contractors, subcontractors, and tradespersons
- Responsible for Cost forecasting
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates as required
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Degree or Diploma in
- Construction Management
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5-10 years’ experience in the construction industry
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Advance knowledge and understanding of:
- Contract management
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- CAD skills would be an asset
- Financial statements – read and comprehend
- Established mechanical practices, procedures and techniques
- Managing / leading union staff
- Organization and time management
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.