ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Manager will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. Emphasis is placed on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change under the direction of the Portfolio Manager.
• To plan, in conjunction with the Portfolio Manager, to execute projects in accordance with Corporate Policy; managing all day-to-day project management
• Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
• Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
• Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Assist in the in the development and implementation of quality control programs.
• Represent company on matters such as business services and union matters.
• Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
• Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
• Perform sales calls and visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business
• Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
• Define project objectives and develop the project delivery model, including procurement and contracting strategies
• Manage all aspects of project planning (including the development of the budget, schedule, procurement and contracting plans, and risk, scope and change management plans)
• Lead the project organization and assign the work activities throughout the project lifecycle
• Monitor project performance (cost, schedule, quality) and complete and distribute regular project reports (including issues, status, and KPIs) to key stakeholders
• Maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Supervise and complete project close-out activities and support the transition to operations
• Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
• Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
• Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
• Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
• Experience on projects with high risk and complexity preferred
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
• Familiar with Planning Processes
• Bachelors’ Degree, Diploma, Designation or equivalent in related field
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 2-8 years of project management experience for nuclear power plant industry or related construction/industrial projects
• Relevant experience in project development and planning
• Experience on projects of low to medium risk and complexity
• Experience overseeing project teams
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Professional Engineering and Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred
• Strong leadership, communication, organization, and analytical skills
• Intermediate Computer Literacy; Microsoft Office programs and JD Edwards
• Familiar with Project Management Processes; Project Controls, Work Planning & Scheduling, Labour Relations and Contract Management
• A Security clearance will be provided by the client
• Available for occasional travel
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.