Black & McDonald’s Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Tower Technician I, II, and III positions are located in Kansas City, MO and typically reports directly to the Foreman. The Tower Technicians work in conjunction with the Foreman to execute projects in accordance with corporate policy and client agreement.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Climb and work aloft existing towers up to 300 feet
- Installation, maintenance, testing and repair of antennas, radio, cables and other cellular support equipment
- Rooftop cell site construction, maintenance
- Install telecommunications tower components using cables, ropes, pulleys and other equipment
- Trades minded and mechanically competent
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Understanding of and experience with telecommunications equipment, cables and hardware
- Climbing/rescue training and basic first aid training is an asset
- Experience in rope access is required
- LU 124 Requirements:
- Tower Technician Level I requires 1 year (2000 hours) of experience;
- Tower Technician Level II requires 3 years (6000 hours) of experience; TTT I certification;
- Tower Technician Level III requires 4 years (8000 hours) of experience; TTT I & TTT II certifications;
- Required to join Local Union 124
- Construction experience & tower climbing experience to meet LU 124 requirements
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, and climb for extended periods of time
- Willingness/availability to work overtime and/or weekends and travel out of town
- Must be able to work in a team environment; supervisory / team lead experience is an asset
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a thorough drug and background test
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor of your interest and intent to apply before applying.