People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Our team is growing! If you are an enthusiastic, high-energy individual seeking an opportunity to grow your professional career in a fantastic organization, this position is for you. As the Electrical Project Manager you will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate electrical construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. Emphasis is placed on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning, scheduling and dealing with project change under the direction of the Electrical Division Manager or other senior managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, in conjunction with the Electrical Division Manager, the execution of construction projects in accordance with Corporate Policy and company mandated health and safety standards
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates for all assigned construction projects
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and ensure the implementation of applicable quality control initiatives, as requried
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Perform sales calls and arrange visits with potential and existing accounts to maintain current, and generate additional, business opportunities
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
- Change Orientation (open to change and the ability to identify where it is needed and how to make it happen)
- Communicates Effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Continuous Learning (ongoing effort to learn and contribute to the learnings of others)
- Customer Focus (understand the needs and perspectives of both internal and external customers)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (take personal responsibility to meet commitments)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (ability to approach problems logically and seek innovative solutions)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (work cooperatively and collaboratively with others)
- Values and Respects Others (encourages and supports diversity)
Education & Skill Requirements
- Engineering degree or college diploma in Construction Technology will be considered an asset. Substantial electrical trade experience may substitute for applicable post secondary education.
- 5-10 years' experience in the electrical construction industry
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively lead others and maintain a positive work environment.
- Experience working with, and directing, unionized electrical trade staff within a construction environment is considered an asset.
- Strong ability to problem solve and work efficiently within a fast paced and dynamic work environment.