ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Kelowna team is growing! If you are a customer service-oriented, enthusiastic, driven professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Facilities Management and Operations (FMO) Minor Works Lead is located in Kelowna and reports directly to the Facility Manager.
The FMO Minor Works Lead will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate all minor works construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. Emphasis is placed on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling and creating and reviewing cost detail reports for each minor work project to ensure costs are within budget. This position involves working a Monday thru Friday 8-hour shift schedule.
- Coordinate with sub-trades and assist with hospital access and permits as required.
- Meet with work requestor/hospital manager and review job schedule and confirm times as required.
- Confirm work schedules with Sub-trades and ensure schedules are met.
- Create and review cost detail reports for each minor works and ensure costs are within budget.
- Create accurate estimates from work order requests utilizing pricing from suppliers, sub-trades, and/or in-house technicians as appropriate.
- Meet with Infection Control Department and review scope of work and determine infection control protocol for work and add appropriate costs to estimate.
- Forward estimate to manager to review and submit for approval.
- Generate and issue purchase orders to sub-trades and schedule work for approved minor works.
- Monitor work progress and address issues caused by work activity.
- Ensure work quality, address deficiencies.
- Conduct final inspection of completed work and confirm satisfaction with department manager.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- University Degree or College Diploma in Construction Engineering Technology would be an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5-10 years of experience as a certified tradesperson.
- Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a supervisor would be an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Ability to problem solve and innovate
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Organization and time management
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to work Monday thru Friday on an 8-hour shift schedule
- Must be available for occasional out of hours overtime