ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Junior Buyer is located in Kansas City, MO and typically reports directly to the Procurement Manager. Their primary focus is coordinating delivery of schedules with vendors to support the project needs, as well as comparing and negotiation pricing
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create Purchase Orders and assist with contract negotiation.
- Manage Process from request for quotation through contract or PO execution.
- Leverage Vendors / Subcontractors to create cost savings to the project(s) and company.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular basis
- Establish reliable lines of contact with project team to ensure that all purchase orders are accurate
- Communicate to projects any material shortages, schedule issues, back order’s, quality issues, and escalate where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with vendors;
- Materials must be sourced from approved vendors and subcontractors that are capable of supplying products that meet our specifications and our quantity and delivery schedule requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations;
- Readily accessible to people at all levels and to assist them by lending experience to their decision making.
- Beyond the initial assigned projects, estimate, secure and execute work to support the profitable growth of the business.
- Obtain quotes for new and existing jobs
- Keep track of packing slips
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Degree or Diploma in Finance or accounting
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1-3 years of Procurement/Finance experience in the Construction industry
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong negotiating skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
Advanced user of:
- MS Office, especially Excel
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.