ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Are you a motivated sales hunter who enjoys all facets of prospecting, developing, influencing and ultimately winning the sale and realizing the income potential that should and does result from your efforts?
Black & McDonald’s Service Team is seeking a bright, motivated and high performing individual to join our team in the role of Business Development Representative (BDR).
What is a BDR at Black & McDonald?
- You will own your own territory within which you will generate new Service Agreements in the commercial, industrial and institutional markets.
- As a member of the Service Sales Team, you will engage and work with potential clients to evaluate the current Total Cost of owning and operating their facility assets.
- You will work towards the goal of identifying, qualifying and closing opportunities for operational and process improvements. Utilizing the training provided through Black & McDonald’s proven proactive sales strategy.
You will thrive in the role if
- You are a seasoned sales professional, skilled at generating your own leads with a hunter mentality who is not afraid to “pick up the phone” and make it happen.
- You have killer time management skills and enjoy a great sense of autonomy. In order to be successful, you must organize and balance your activities appropriately to create results.
- You love to win all the time and find motivation in temporary setbacks.
- You enjoy building relationships and creating a bond and rapport with clients.
- You have a strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
What you will get in return
- An exciting opportunity with tremendous career growth potential.
- You will be part of a high growth and recession proof business with a competitive base salary and an un-capped potential compensation upside.
- You will receive immediate and ongoing training with insightful mentorship and technical support.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma with a major in engineering, business administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years’ experience with demonstrable success in a Business Development / Account Representative role, involving financial sales negotiations, with a good insight into the needs, motives and emotions of the client or prospect.
- Willing and able to travel
- Valid Driver’s License
BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi‑trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With over 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward‑thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.