ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Mechanical & Electrical team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Senior Project Coordinator is located on site and reports directly to the Project Manager.
Project Coordinators assist with planning, organization, direct, control and evaluate assigned project(s) from start to finish and in accordance with schedule, specifications and budget. Their primary focus is safety, planning, monitoring progress, scheduling, quality, costs management, estimating, reporting, and managing project change under the direction of senior leadership.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager on projects to ensure project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met
- Comply with all company health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Assist in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines
- Complete quantity take offs from construction drawings, track and update as-built quantities and field verify when required
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Assist in budget analysis, cost and margin projections, estimate project changes and impacts
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Trade and subcontractor coordination
- Document control
- Purchase supplies and materials as required to complete project
- Communicates Effectively
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Degree or Diploma in electrical engineering or equivalent experience in the industry with a proven track record.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of Project Coordination experience in the ICI construction sector working on small and large construction projects including Data Centres, Automotive, heavy & light industrial, etc.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Contract management
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Blue print reading, specifically electrical drawing knowledge.
- Take-offs and estimating
- Project electrical, mechanical and structural design interpretation
- Financial statements – read and comprehend
- Organization and time management
- Driven and self-motivated
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Design Software
- Procore or equivalent
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.