ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Estimators analyze costs and prepare work take-offs and estimates on Electrical ICI projects. The successful candidate will provide technical and administrative support to project operations with emphasis on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning, scheduling, and handling project change. The Estimator is located in Scarborough and typically reports directly to the Estimating Manager.
- Prepare estimates of cost of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and participate in negotiations.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, set up cost monitoring, reporting systems and procedures.
- Coordinates price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects regarding tenders.
- Participates in site review, tender review, tender hand-off, project closing and operational/sector meetings with various stakeholders – ie. senior estimator, operational staff, and purchasing – as required
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Conduct material and equipment purchasing for secured jobs.
- Update and maintains estimating database.
[Choose 3-4 that are most applicable]
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Values and Respects Others
Degree or Diploma in
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
5-10 years of Estimating experience in Construction industry
Experience estimating Electrical ICI projects
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Advanced knowledge and understanding of:
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Blue print reading
- Project structural design interpretation
- Business operations processes
- Organization and time management
Advanced user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
Willing and able to travel in the Greater Toronto Area. Clearance requirements may be required at certain projects.