People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Bid Manager for Alternative Delivery & Major Projects (P3 (Public Private Partnership), Design-Build, etc.) to join the Southern Ontario team. The successful candidate will lead and facilitate project development from inception to close-out, while establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The Bid Manager will oversee pursuits and will ultimately be responsible for daily functioning and coordination of project procurement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the pursuit of large Alternative Delivery bids and develop strategic initiatives that will contribute to success
- Liaise with subgroup leaders to ensure alignment with milestones
- Research scope elements and review project documentation to determine details for estimating and quantification
- Spearhead the bid management process including internal coordination, estimating, planning, costing, engineering, scheduling, tender submission, and negotiation
- Analyze opportunity, cost, and risk throughout the entire bid management process
- Actively participate in costing, coordination with estimating team and technical personnel, procurement, legal, finance, quotations, cost consolidation, and document review.
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration within the business development team, and between other departmental stakeholders.
- Developing and executing tendering strategies focused on optimizing safety, cost schedule, quality, and other client requirements.
- Secure resources to support bid, including skills and efforts required to satisfy deliberables.
- Negotiate final contract terms and conditions, specifications and price.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Commercial/Industry awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize
- Dedicated to continuous improvement
- Motivated to understand the needs and perspectives of both internal and external customers
- Holds self and others accountable
- Ability to problem solve and find innovative solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Values and respects diversity
Education & Skill Requirements
- Degree or diploma in engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil, or business), construction management, business commerce, or a related discipline (recognized certification or licensure preferred – P.Eng., C.E.T., PMP or similar)
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role
- Estimating and Project Management experience is an asset
- Proven experience driving results and aligining organizational vision to strategic initiatives
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.