People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Scheduler in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The successful candidate will co-ordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials, prepare work and production schedules and monitor the progress of production. Emphasis is placed on reporting and monitoring, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change, and assisting the Project Manager, as requested.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, in conjunction with the Project Manager, Pre-Planning/Pre-Construction Services.
- To provide technical and administrative support to the projects operations with emphasis on reporting, planning and monitoring progress, and scheduling, and dealing with project change.
- Consult with supervisor to schedule work sites in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Meet regularly with supervisors to co-ordinate activities at project sites
- Prepare and maintain various reports on the progress of work and materials used.
- Provide support to cost control, document control and change order control
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Education & Skill Requirements
- College Diploma or University Degree in Project Management would be an asset
- Minimum 2 years experience in project scheduling
- Knowledge ofConstruction Cycle
- Proficient with Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Able to read / interpret Electrical drawings
For a complete listing of all available Black & McDonald career opportunities visit http://www.blackandmcdonald.com.