ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Alberta team is growing! If you are a hands-on, customer service-oriented, and technically-inclined professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you.
The primary responsibility of the Billing Clerk is to assist the Calgary Service Division in maintaining productive and efficient operations in Calgary. This is accomplished through the individual’s ability to perform administrative duties efficiently, while strictly adhering to standard company procedures and practices, as well as practical use of various accounting concepts. The Billing Clerk will utilize JDEdwards software in commenting and closing work orders, changing of work order statuses, maintaining asset data, managing work order back log, and work order preparation for invoicing.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Service billing and invoicing as per Black & McDonald’s standard business processes
- Responding to customer inquiries related to billing specifics in a timely manner
- Supporting the Division Manager to resolve billing issues, as needed
- Completing all non-billable jobs and managing transfers
- Assisting Regional Fleet Manager with fleet related tasks, as required, for the Service Division
- Assisting Service Dispatch as needed or as backup during vacation days
- Other administrative duties that may be assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Business or related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 2 years’ experience in service billing, preferably within the HVAC industry
- Hands-on experience in JDEdwards software or similar software
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Well versed in various accounting concepts
- High attention to detail, well-organized and with excellent time management skills
- Accurate typing skills and ability to use the computer efficiently
- Adept in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional in all dealings with internal and external customers, which include technical field staff and clients
- Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills
- This is an immediate requirement. Preference will be given to candidates who meet the criteria and are able to start immediately.