ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s [region] team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Sr. Systems Operations Analyst role is to provide technical support and technical subject matter expertise in the configuration, enhancement, monitoring, maintenance, optimization and support of all aspects of Black & McDonald’s IT systems operations. The Sr. Systems Operations Analyst will work in coordination with various operational support team members to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. The Sr. Systems Operations Analyst will also participate in assigned project work providing their technical skills and subject matter expertise as required by the project team. The Sr. Systems Operations Analyst will collaborate with a wide range of junior-to-highly advanced technical specialists, project managers, as well as external vendors and IT service providers when required, in order to ensure successful results.
- Complete assigned daily systems operations, support and project team activities by effectively combining personal initiative, knowledge, technical skill and subject matter expertise related to the organization’s IT hardware and software assets. These assets include server, storage, network, telecommunications, systems security, administration and monitoring platforms.
- Actively contribute as a member of a team of highly-skilled systems operations specialists in successfully managing the organization’s IT assets.
- Configure, enhance, monitor, maintain, optimize and support the organization’s IT asset, in order to move toward successfully accomplishing IT and/or business related goals. This includes the following platforms:
- Servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software, security solutions.
- Storage area network (SAN) hardware & software (NetApp. 8080 /8020 products)
- High end Blade Chassis (HP, IBM & Dell).
- Telecommunications technologies including VoIP, Video Conferencing, and Unified Communications hardware and software (Cisco, Tandberg, MS LYNC 2010 ,Skype for business).
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 DAG and OWA 2010.
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 & 2016 DAG with Lagged database copies
- Exchange Disaster Recovery experience
- Integrate Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging with Lync 2010
- Skype for business upgrade from Lync 2010
- SIP trunking solutions for Enterprise Voice
- Response Groups and Auto Attendant routing
- ICE Contact Center for Voice and Email
- Design/implement IVR workflows for Voice calls using ICE
- Microsoft Exchange Site Resiliency
- Email Archiving (Symantec Enterprise Vault)
- KEMP Load balancer for virtual services such as Mapi, Lync, JDE, DSI & Sharepoint
- SharePoint 2010 & 2013 and Team Foundation Servers.
- Blackberry Enterprise Server UEM 12.x
- vSphere v6.x farm.
- Citrix 7.x farm and application layering.
- Symantec Client Management Suite (Altiris).
- Monitor and test systems performance and provide performance statistics and reports. (using monitoring software) Solarwinds.
- Administration and maintenance of end user accounts, permissions and access rights and regularly auditing of use access and network access controls.
- Monitoring of server, storage and network performance.
- Practice server, storage and network asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommend, schedule and perform systems improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Actively contribute with other operational support team members, project team members, management, external vendors and IT service providers in order to successfully execute support and project related work assigned to the Systems Operations team.
- Must be able to speak, read & write in English
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Follow instructions both written and verbal.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Accomplish all duties and tasks as assigned.
- Maintain clear and courteous phone etiquette.
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- During project phase-in periods, must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must possess strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of customers, employees and management.
- On-call availability for 20 days per month. Supporting a 7/24 environment
- Physically fit enough to walk/stand for long periods, lift and install rack mounted hardware; including servers, UPS, switches, power cables, etc.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Ability to create and maintain and update any technical documentation for supported applications and services as required
- Keep abreast of latest technology changes and updates
- College diploma or university degree in Systems Engineering or Computing Science, or equivalent experience.
- Valid MCSE, VCP, NetApp, Citrix ITIL certifications.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five years of experience in the information technology industry in an environment supporting a North American wide organization.
- Working knowledge of industry practices, current technology, and project management methodologies.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Vehicle travel is required between various sites in the Province of Ontario.
- Must be able to travel to other Provinces and/or other International Destinations such as United States.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.