ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
As a member of our IT team, you will be responsible for the development of the DSI solutions. This includes working with all stakeholders (including business leaders and end users) to analyze business needs, working with the Solutions Architect to design appropriate solutions, and working with developers to ensure that the SharePoint solutions meet stakeholder expectations.
Responsible for the daily technical support of DSI, Black & McDonald’s mobile applications, and related software. Maintain a close working relationship with IT Service Desk, Network Operations, Infrastructure, and developers in the coordination of overlapping responsibilities.
- Set up and configure DSI services on servers.
- Maintain application servers, coordinating efforts with network and infrastructure teams; and some aspects of database.
- Install and configure patches and upgrades as required.
- Maintain the integrity and reliability of access to information -- this includes being responsible for backup and recovery practices.
- Work with the other IT functions to design appropriate solutions and be a liaison between developers and stakeholders to ensure that DSI solutions meet stakeholder expectations.
- Oversee the mobile application change management process across the organization in all affected areas.
- Recommend any additional hardware or software requirements needed for successful mobile software deployments, configuration, or maintenance.
- Liaise with company’s mobile software vendors for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy mobile applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Create functional requirements and design documents to ensure business requirements are accurately recorded.
- Provide training to business leaders and end users.
- Continually strive to improve the efficiency and usability of our DSI solutions, leveraging your ongoing research and understanding of business needs.
- Provide expertise and support to business managers and other members of IT to determine how to best implement, support, and use SharePoint solutions
- Ability to manage the configuration, testing, and deployment of Microsoft web technologies.
- Provides project estimates for assigned tasks in order to establish timelines for development projects.
- Assist in the development of conceptual design, scope of work, and technical specification documents.
- Collaborate with application vendors to provide solutions to company's business concerns and application needs.
- Assist in the designing, developing, modifying, testing, implementing and document application changes/upgrades to meet business needs, capturing detailed specifications and storing them following documented procedures.
- Report, track and communicate status and issues, based on departmental defined reporting requirements.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior staff for career development.
- Consult manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read & write in English
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Follow instructions both written and verbal.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Accomplish all duties and tasks as assigned.
- Maintain clear and courteous phone etiquette.
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- During project phase-in periods, must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must possess strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of customers, employees, and management.
- Microsoft SQL Server database management.
- Web Development
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 or 2013 administration.
- Working technical knowledge of current messaging and collaboration systems software, protocols, and standards, including Microsoft SharePoint.
- Strong working knowledge of patch management and change control practices.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory.
- Extensive support experience with IIS and .NET application architecture.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database management.
- Experience with high-availability design (failover systems and data replication).
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of industry best practices for e-mail privacy and regulatory compliance, routing, filtering, monitoring, tiered storage, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Previous exposure to server virtualization technologies. Ability to work independently and be productive in an environment where priorities change.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects within tight timeframes.
- Working knowledge of industry practices, current technology, and project management methodologies.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.