ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario Business Development team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working under the Pursuits Manager direction to:
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders (corporate/operational) and external client stakeholders to coordinate, prepare and review proposal responses to Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) for large and complex project pursuits in various contract models.
- Communicate and follow up with external client stakeholders, when necessary, to obtain clarification related to assigned pursuit team duties and share key information to support team’s success in winning work.
- Be familiar with company’s standard marketing material (project profiles, resumes, sector involvement) to draw relevant content for proposal responses and presentations to internal and external client stakeholders.
- Technical Support Resource reviewing detailed Technical Project Specifications, Basis of Design Reports and Drawings to effectively communicate relevant information to internal and external stakeholders for proposal response inclusions.
- Support ad-hoc business development initiatives such as preparing customized presentations for prospective clientele.
- Reviewing assigned pursuit submissions by extensive proofreading, fact checking and editing of proposal responses to produce professional, technically relevant and concise proposal responses.
- Document control and manage RFQ and RFP documents including updated revisions and addenda along with key information gathered to support preparation of proposal responses.
- Setup, manage or participate in project pursuit meetings with key internal and external client stakeholders to discuss key topics to support project pursuit
- Review RFQ and RFP requirements including all addenda to summarize proposal response requirements in a responsibility matrix with actions identified and delegated.
- Monitor the project pursuit progress ensuring that all RFQ and RFP deliverables, proposal response content requirements and timelines are being met
- Summarize and prepare (with support of internal stakeholders) key information required to support preparation of proposal responses (legal commercial and operational terms, estimates, risks and opportunities matrix, health & safety documentation, quality assurance/control documentation, schedules, bonding and insurance documentation, organization charts, etc.)
- Perform contract reviews, providing comments on commercial and operational terms and participate in negotiations with other internal stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent Management Skills to Lead and Coordinate Work with Others
- Strong Attention to Details
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent Time Management Skills to Work on Multiple Projects and Prioritize Deliverables Effectively
- Strong Technical Writing Skills with ability to convey concise, key technical concepts and details in proposals
- Ability to Cope Under Pressure Under Tight Deadlines and Maintain Focus
- Portrays a Positive Image to Motivate Colleagues for Continued Team Success
- Embraces Change and Adopting New Practices to Seek Innovative Solutions
- Ability to Approach Problems in a Systematic and Logical Manner
- Fluent in English with Effective Oral and Concise Written Communication Skills in a Collaborative Environment
- Holds Self and Others Accountable through Proactive and Assertive Measures
- Ability to Work Independently with Limited Supervision
- Ability to Work in Small and Large Complex Teams
- Basic understanding Legalese in Contract documentation and familiar with Commercial and Operational Concepts including Risks and Opportunities in a construction industry environment.
- Resourceful in obtaining key information from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to Interact with All Levels of Management from Internal and External Stakeholders with a Professional Demeanour
- Ability to Give and Receive Constructive Criticism to Internal and External Stakeholders
- Open to Continuous Learning
- Values and Respects Others
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an Accredited Post-Secondary Institution (College/University) majoring in Electrical, Power, Systems, Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Accreditation is an asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of working proposal experience in pursuing projects in the Engineering or Construction industry.
- 5+ years of working experience in an Engineering or Construction Industry Environment
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced User of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, Outlook)
- Proficient User of PDF Editing Software (Adobe Acrobat, Foxit)
- Proficient User of Collaborative Sharing Platform Software (Sharepoint, Procore, Google Drive, One Drive)
- Basic User of 2D/3D modelling Software (AutoCAD, Revit, BIM, Bluebeam) to Navigate and Print Drawings
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.