ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald is currently seeking a facility-based HVAC Technician to join our Vancouver team! If you are a hands-on, customer service-oriented, and technically-inclined professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The HVAC Technician is located in Vancouver and will report directly to the Facility Supervisor.
The HVAC Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient operations and maintenance to a variety of HVAC equipment including: air handling units, refrigeration equipment, motors, heating units, heat pumps, steam boilers, burners, humidifiers intake and exhaust fans. The position also requires compliance with Black & McDonald codes of conduct, health, safety and environmental policies and safe work practices along with any client specific protocol.
- Keeps all the HVAC equipment in safe and proper working condition
- Completes HVAC work such as:
- regular equipment inspections to verify HVAC equipment and systems are operating optimally and as per design intent
- maintain and service chillers, heat pumps, steam boilers, air handling units, fans, humidifiers, pumps, VAV boxes, motors, refrigerators and freezers
- monitor, troubleshoot, replace, calibrate and program HVAC controls
- replace filters and belts
- air balancing
- Update documentation (drawings, specifications, O&M manuals, etc.) related to HVAC services.
- Install new services in renovation or building changes as determined by the Manager.
- Recommends the ordering of HVAC supplies.
- Respond to environment comfort complaints.
- Perform log readings.
- Perform minor repairs and installations including:
- Replacing washers, faucets, sinks, clear toilets and drains, clean grease traps and sumps, re-pack valves and lamps.
- Installation of wall and ceiling mounted accessories.
- Complete preventive and demand maintenance tasks; enter maintenance records on work orders
- Other duties as assigned; including non-HVAC related duties.
- Communicates Effectively
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Successful completion of a recognized HVAC and/or refrigeration certificate.
A valid 5th Class Power Engineering ticket is an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
5-7 Years of experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Working knowledge of building services including air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical and mechanical equipment controls and systems.
- Full understanding of the building automation system HVAC control strategies
- Must be able to speak, read & write in English.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations including but not limited to: use or wear of equipment or protective devices or clothing for safety purposes, report any known contravention of this Act or regulations or the existence of any hazards.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Follow instructions both written and verbal.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees and customer.
- Maintain clear and courteous two way radio and/or phone etiquette.
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Act in accordance with the commitment to safe and compassionate patient care and a safe and healthy work environment.
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to work on ladder or scaffold at various heights.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 kg (bending and lifting is required).