The ERP Business Analyst provides analytical and technical expertise in implementing, designing, developing, supporting and/or analyzing solutions for customers through an appropriate blending of business and technical knowledge. Participate in the implementation and development of solutions using expertise for problems to include maintenance, modification or development of inter-related applications/solutions. Solutions link technical knowledge with business solutions and may range from consulting services (software recommendations) to developing integrated-automated systems. Responsible for providing functional, technical assistance and support for ERP softwares. Duties include customer needs assessments as well as evaluating software requirements.
Responsible for the design and support of JD Edwards and other related ERP Software. Maintain strong working relationships with customer by listening, understanding and responding to identified needs. Ability to present information to individuals or groups; deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Align personal efforts and outcomes to achieve long-range goals to meet the vision of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the security and confidentially of all information managed by the Information Technology department in support of the company’s operations.
- Ensure the ongoing protection and integrity of the information systems, technology assets and artefacts of the company.
- Analyze Tier 1 & 2 business requirements; perform process analysis of customer activities to determine business solutions or process improvement opportunities across business functions and recommend solutions. Oversee and assist with the gathering and documentation of requirements. Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of business requirements.
- Assess reported issues, provide regular and timely incident updates and work to drive them to closure
- Create working procedures, build-up knowledge databases and functional documentation
- Develop functional requirements and system design specifications that align with proposed or existing business solutions. Work with developers to ensure optimal solution delivered.
- Implement enhancements, change requests, break-fixes, patches and updates. Develop test plans, test, coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT), and approve changes to ensure alignment with business objectives and test plans. Develop and deliver end user training materials as well as document solution.
- Communicate software updates and changes to affected stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of project plans, participate, lead, assign and monitor tasks when required.
- Ability to meet deadlines, control scope, identify and manage project risks. Provide regular updates on task completions, issue resolution, system readiness and other metrics identified.
- Liaise with management, functional leaders, department heads, and end-users to ensure system functionality meets business requirements.
- Apply working knowledge of the organization roles and relationships, as well as utilize available resources to resolve issues.
- Pursue new knowledge on a continuous basis and implement best practices of the profession.
- Articulate technical knowledge in language that is understandable and appropriate for users.
- Train and mentor junior team members
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees, vendors, sub-contractors and clients
- Ability to cope under pressure and maintain focus, dealing effectively with setbacks while remaining positive
- Portrays a positive image and motivates colleagues at all times to ensure continued success
- Embraces change and always willing to adopt new practices
- Holds self and others accountable
- Ability to approach problems logically, under pressure and seek innovative solutions
- Communicates effectively (verbally and written) at all levels within an organization and with external parties including enforcing authorities
- Understands the needs and perspectives of both internal and external customers
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Values and respects others, encourages and supports diversity
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Education & Skill Requirements
- Post-secondary education preferably in the field of business, finance, computer science or software engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of JD Edwards (JDE) support and business analysis experience
- Government Services Canada (PWGSC) clearance at the Secret level preferred OR alternatively must be able to obtain Secret level clearance upon commencing employment
- Knowledge of finance, construction, service or facility management
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English
- French speaking is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, documentation, planning, prioritization, organization and interpersonal skills
- A customer first attitude to maintain and improve satisfaction
- Ability to work effectively in a goal-oriented team environment
- Ability to quickly grasp, articulate and document complicated business and technical issues
- Advanced knowledge of all standard PC software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Lync, etc.) and Microsoft Project, Visio or equivalent other mapping or planning tools.
- Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement certifications/experience would be an asset
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our clients mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.