ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald is currently seeking a Labourer to join our Vancouver team! If you are a hands-on, customer service-oriented, and technically-inclined professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Labourer position is located in Vancouver and will report directly to the Facilities Management & Operations Project Manager.
The Labourer will be responsible for performing repairs and minor renovations to various facilities in the Lower Mainland while working with different teams as required. The Labourer will be expected to put the safety of themselves, co-workers and the public in the highest order of priority and to participate fully in the Company safety program. This is a very diverse role and the tasks expected to be performed will vary based on our work requirements and under the direction of the supervisor.
- Set up hoarding and prepare work site
- Pick up materials and equipment in company vehicles
- Install drywall, tape, mud and paint
- Install cabinets and wall fixtures
- Change filters on various mechanical equipment
- Power washing of building exteriors and sidewalks
- Maintain a safe work environment and report unsafe conditions
- Request specific materials and equipment required for tasks
- Operate aerial man lift equipment and ladders to access and perform work in elevated areas
- Site clean-up and waste removal
- Manual salting and snow clearing
- Assist trades as required
- Various maintenance tasks assigned by management
- Be punctual, presentable and respectful at all times
- Participate in the company safety program
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Values and Respects Others
- High School completion would be an asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years’ experience as a general Labourer would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working in facilities would be preferred
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Available to travel to various locations
- Clean Class 5 BC Drivers abstract
- Committed to working safely
- Must be available for occasional Emergency after hours duties
- Must be able to complete required safety training – WHMIS, Fall Protection, Aerial Lift training
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Ability to attain Federal Reliability Security Clearance for work on military facilities
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.