ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Business Development team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Manager, Business Development and Sales is located in Scarborough, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Director of Business Development This position requires travel to support Black & McDonald’s business initiatives in Canada. Travel is estimated at approximately 25% to 50%, depending on company requirements. The primary focus is supporting the overall business development and growth initiatives of the department.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop strategies for profitable penetration into new or existing market segments in a geographic area
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal/external customers and work with customers to determine product/solutions requirements
- Assume lead role in business generation and deal execution
- Establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies
- Monitor impact of marketing and sales activities; assist in the development of pricing list, catalogues and marketing literature; prepare quotations, reports and perform
- Support all aspects relating to proposal and presentation development and client deliverables as they relate to all client stages from prospecting, implementation to account management. As assigned, handles proposal, presentation, and client deliverable development from end-to-end.
- Work closely with division managers and estimators to compile, develop, assess and maintain appropriate proposal exhibits, appendices, project profiles and illustrative documents, keeping them current and ensuring materials are well organized and easily accessible.
- Work with division managers and estimators and other colleagues, to develop content, writing, researching, designing, packaging and conducting quality assurance before delivering world class proposals ensuring accuracy and conformance with Black & McDonald’s approach to business and brand guidelines.
- Work with senior staff members to manage feedback to achieve specific, relevant responses that showcase our understanding of the industry, business, our strategy and why this matters to them
- Assist with other communications projects and objectives as required, acting as a support to the communications efforts
- As needed, handle formatting and electronic and print production for client deliverables related to business development pursuits
- Maintain and update project profiles and key company information that may be required to be included in proposals / pursuits
- Strong interpersonal skills, displaying superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
- Diploma or Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Marketing, Business, or related discipline
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience in the construction field
- Experience with sales proposals, financials and project development
- Strong leadership, management, marketing, presentation, and relationship-building skills.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our client's mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of:
- Advanced in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, and other graphics applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, etc).
- Fully versed in Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, linked worksheets, etc).
- Basic in Microsoft Project (e.g. Able to build simple work breakdown structures)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Willing and able to travel for business development activities
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.