The Varennes Carbon Recycling Project (VCR) is one of the world’s largest green hydrogen production facilities, converting carbon from non-recyclable waste into new value-added biofuels.
The VCR project is growing and looking for a Project Estimating Lead to work with the project team to develop, co-ordinate, monitor, maintain, and report on the project estimate for the contractual scope against the approved budget.
In this position, you will be an influential part of the project team specifically in regard to contract evaluations, cost variance, change management, risk assessment, and scenario development.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Apply estimating best practices and methodologies in the development and maintenance of a detailed estimate and reporting for the project.
• Responsible for the delivery and reporting to meet the contractual estimating requirements and project objectives.
• Support the definition of the Work Breakdown Structure, Cost Breakdown Structure, and other requirements of the project controls system.
• Review in detail the documentation (execution plans, cost estimate, contract documents, etc.) to determine what is required to build the project estimate.
• Identify areas of discrepancy or missing information in the project data.
• Support the development of the RFPs or bids to ensure that all facets of the scope and requirements.
• Support the schedule development process as required.
• Participate in the evaluation of the bids, including clarifications, and ranking of the bids received to check for completeness, accuracy, scope, timing, and costs.
• Conduct estimate reviews to facilitate the understanding by the project team of what is included in the estimate, what is excluded, variances to the approved budget, and mitigation planning.
• Keep the estimate database and information current.
• Propose opportunities for execution optimization and efficient use of project resources.
• Support the change management process.
• Participate in the risk assessments to provide expertise on risks, mitigations, and opportunities
• Cost forecasting, delay, what if scenarios and variance analysis.
• Support claims analysis and litigation
• Provide mentorship to junior team members.
Education & Skill Requirements
• Minimum 10 years of relevant, estimating, planning, and scheduling experience, with minimum 5 years on the construction job site.
• Experience on projects with high risk and complexity.
• Experience in cost and schedule development and monitoring practices and procedures.
• Expertise in relevant project controls and estimating software.
• Experience in client relations.
• Bachelors’ Degree, Diploma, Designation or related
• Membership in a professional organization (such as AACE) as a qualification as a Certified Estimating Professional.
• Ability to speak, read and write French fluently, interfacing with client and project team