ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald Limited is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic at our location in Sudbury, Ontario. The Maintenance Mechanic will maintain, troubleshoot, and repair various mechanical devices and systems to achieve optimum life span of equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs physical inspections of building service rooms and areas both interior and exterior
- Verifies daily environmental controls and ensures readings are within accepted standards
- Performs periodic and seasonal preventive maintenance tasks and minor repairs
- Performs mechanical maintenance such as filter and belt changing, greasing, etc.
- Complete planned maintenance activities as assigned, providing notes and comments on completed work, identifying repair opportunities, taking pictures as required and ensuring minimal rework
- Report all system, equipment and/or condition anomalies
- Respond to emergencies and/or complaints from service desks and notify the Facility Manager immediately in the case of an emergency
- Become involved in inventory monitoring and assist in material purchasing
- Key contributor to identify equipment or system repairs both preventive and reactive
- Assist in project related component or system replacements and repair
- Verifies the quality of the work carried out by the various sub-contractors
- Reads meters as required, analyze results for anomalies and provide a weekly summary report to the Facility Supervisor or Contract Manager
- Conduct system investigations with Facility Manager as required
- Keep the Contract Manager fully informed on operational matters
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls, be on call
- Perform other related tasks that may reasonably be considered to be expected within the scope of services generally provided by a mechanical operations and maintenance service provider
- Perform light duties such as sweeping, cleaning, painting, garbage removal, snow removal, assisting zone technicians, mechanics, etc.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 or more years' experience as a Maintenance Mechanic or Handyman
- Experience working with Building Automation Systems
- Experience working with mobile work order systems
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to attain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Working knowledge of building HVAC systems including air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical and mechanical equipment controls and systems
- Individuals with a G2 license are an asset
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on a ladder or scaffold at various heights
- Bending and Lifting Required; Lifting under 30 kgs.
- Able to obtain a security clearance
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.