Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Construction Material Coordinator provides the Power Generation Region with accurate and efficient sourcing, obtaining quotes, initiating purchases, material logistics, and inventory management, arranging rental equipment and coordinating estimates.
The Material Coordinator will assist to plan, organize, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to material requirements. This includes schedule, specifications and budget with emphasis on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling.
- Single point of contact between office, site and vendors regarding project materials, arranging vendor deliveries to site and process returns, claims or other supplier issues.
- Single point of contact with QC regarding items requiring receipt inspection when arriving on site.
- Source and secure quotes for materials, equipment or services from suppliers for purchase or estimating purposes.
- Understand technical specifications and general construction equipment, tools, consumables and materials.
- Track and arrange rental equipment deliveries and pick-ups.
- Knowledgeable in marketplace and vendor market conditions.
- Liaison with Quality, Project Management, Site Management and Clients as required.
- Assist in the development and review of RFQs as required.
- May be required to process purchase orders in a manner to allow for the best-delivered cost for quality.
- May be required to review open commitments and reconcile invoices for processing.
- Monitor, track and evaluate supplier performance.
- Interface with and acquiring client approvals, as required.
- Negotiate contracts as required.
- Maintain strong vendor/client relationships.
- Ensure that all safety rules/regulations are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all required procedures and instructions.
- Any other assignments or projects as assigned by your Manager/Supervisor.
- Communicates effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills).
- Customer Focus
- Holds self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload).
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills).
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment).
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of secondary school is an asset
- Completion of a College Diploma or Bachelor Degree in related field is an asset
- 5 years of experience in an industrial construction environment, preferably in a medium to large corporation (ideally in a nuclear environment) would be an asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a solid understanding of construction equipment, tools, consumables and materials.
- Knowledge of materials management requirements within in quality programs such as NQA-1, CSA N285 and CSA N286 is an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite platform
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Customer service focused mind set
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed and initiative
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, multi deadline, team oriented environment
- Sense of urgency and ownership over assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task and with strong problem identification / resolution skills