Black & McDonald’s Atlantic team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you.
We are actively seeking an Estimator / Project Coordinator to estimate, plan and execute projects in accordance with Corporate Policy. To be responsible for the safe execution of Civil / Electrical Utility projects including managing project budgets, schedules, supervising direct civil labour and coordinating subcontractors.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify business opportunities
- Estimate projects and change orders
- Review and understand all tender related documents
- Collaborate with legal at time of tender and award
- Maintain project-related documents
- Plan, prepare, monitor, and manage construction schedule and milestones
- Manage construction scope, including cost, quality and schedule parameters/risk management
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders including Black & McDonald team members, clients, consultants, trades, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and the community, while keeping them informed of relevant information
- Compliance with environmental, safety and Black & McDonald standards and policies
- Coordinate and manage contracted services, equipment and material
- Interface with construction and commissioning
- Closeout activities with project acceptance; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide project status reports to team members and stakeholders as required
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Civil Technology or Civil Engineering Degree. Construction Engineering Technology or Construction Project Management or equivalent years of experience in the field.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of experience in the Civil or Utility Industry would be considered an asset
- Experience working with B2W, Accubid or similar estimating software would be considered an asset
- Experience working with JD Edwards or similar enterprise resource planning software would be considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution.
- Safety oriented.
- Project civil design interpretation.
- Business operations processes.
- Established division practices, procedures and techniques.
- Organization and time management.
- Willing and able to travel throughout New Brunswick and PEI as needed.
- Experience in the utility industry.
Intermediate user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)