ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering modification projects of varying size and complexity. The Project Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling project activities from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget, and dealing with project changes under the direction of a Project Manager (PM) & Portfolio Manager.
- Assist the PM in the drafting and issuance of project budget, cash flow and preliminary schedule.
- Prepare project organization and communication charts.
- Chair project meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Maintain Contract Execution Tracking Log
- Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database
- Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close- out documents are obtained
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Support the project management team in coordinating project planning activities
- Work with project management team to develop tools and templates
- Implement processes and procedures and conduct training sessions when necessary
- Coordinate all project management, engineering and construction activities
- Interface between various internal stakeholders (project services, engineering, procurement, construction, quality)
- Support the project management team in monitoring project performance (cost, schedule, quality) and assist in completing and distributing regular project reports (including issues, status, and KPI’s) to key stakeholders
- Support the coordination of project close-out activities and transfer to operations
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
- Familiar with Planning Processes
- Bachelors’ Degree, Diploma, Designation or equivalent in related field
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, Junior Project Manager role or equivalent for nuclear power plant industry or related construction/industrial projects
- Experience on projects with low risk and complexity preferred
- Basic understanding of project management, engineering and construction processes, procedures and relevant software
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate Computer Literacy; Microsoft Office programs and JD Edwards
- A Security clearance will be provided by the client
- Available for occasional travel
WORK PERKS & BENEFITS
• Optional hybrid work model
• Company paid health and dental benefits
• Opportunity to participate in community and wellness initiatives
• Team building events
• Access to a dynamic Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Opportunity for ongoing professional development
• Rewards and recognition
• Scholarship Program for employee dependents
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.