ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Scheduler is located at our clients work site (Bruce Power) located in Tiverton, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Project Controls Manager.
The Scheduler provides leadership for assigned projects in regards to schedule and contract performance, by preparing, tracking, analyzing, and controlling the activities in the project schedule associated with a large-scale construction projects where there are multiple internal and external customers, subcontractors, and suppliers; updating project plans and dependencies with new information as changes occur, e.g. timelines and delays. Scheduling includes work at the estimate level, short interval and project master scheduling. Working with work breakdown structures, resource, and cost plans, this position also requires the ability to work with and understand budgets, coding, man hour performance systems and reports, and other elements of overall project monitoring.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Control Manager in the timely and accurate execution of Project Schedule and Reporting functions
- Maintain accuracy in schedule information by adopting proper policies and establishing or maintaining internal controls
- Contribute to the development of working schedules for estimating, prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Incorporate resource and/or cost loading data into schedules as required.
- Prepare and keep current, project schedules for monitoring and tracking the requirements, and staying abreast of changes to the requirements. Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of the project schedule.
- Identifies and records the impact of work performed, and not performed, as scheduled. Evaluate actual progress and provide regular schedule updates.
- Effectively analyze schedule reports, detect issues, and resolve variances through statement of assumptions, observation of trends, comparison to standards and recommendation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Interfaces with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Effectively communicate the project’s performance, issues/ concerns, & recovery plans to the project team
- Create program metrics and produce required reports and related metrics, i.e., statistical reports, progress reports.
- Monitor workflows to ensure all transactions are processed accurately and in compliance
- Support the Project Control Manager in the preparation for audits.
- Complete other projects, reporting and tasks as assigned
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of secondary school is required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of Scheduling experience in a nuclear/construction (or related) environment is preferred
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong relationship/stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledgeable of schedule systems, principles and practices required.
- Must be able to build and maintain accurate and up-to-date complex construction schedules working with multiple calendars
- Experience in managing multiple projects and pulling together multiple schedules into a master schedule and/or interfacing with other teams managing different schedules.
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera (P6)
- Intermediate Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload