ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s BC team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Electrical Project Coordinator is located in Vancouver and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
The Electrical Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting with overall project performance, including the management of costs, schedule, qualities, and overall project status, while maintaining excellent relationships with trades, subcontractors, and clients. They will keep the Project Manager/Operations Manager informed of questions, progress, discrepancies in project process, and any other issues which would impact the plan and schedule.
- Assist the Project Managers, Operations Manager or Division Manager to execute projects in accordance with Corporate Policy and Construction Business Processes.
- Coordinate and manage various small & medium projects.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Subcontractor coordination.
- Solicit and submit shop drawings between vendors and owners for approval.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare cost estimates for changes and adjustments to the contract price.
- Assist/Lead with the material and equipment purchasing for secured jobs as required.
- Hire and Supervise the activities of union labour, subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- Implementation and maintenance of Company and legislated Health and Safety Programs, including Tool Box meetings, safety procedures, and compliance to PPE.
- Travel to various sites or clients to undertake the above.
- Preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Maintain document control as per division standard.
- Coordinate tools and equipment.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Completion of college program in construction engineering technology and or several years of experience as a qualified Journeyman Electrician.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of experience as an Electrical Project Coordinator would be an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Construction industry (preferably experience with commercial/institutional projects), including experience as a Supervisor or Field Superintendent would be an asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of:
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Project structural design interpretation
- Business operations processes
- Organization and time management
- Intermediate user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system is an asset
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.