ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is primarily responsible for performing all aspects of recruitment and staffing for the organization.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Talent Acquisition Specialist must be prepared to support the overall Talent Stream process, work independently and as part of a team in areas of recruiting and human resources.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the needs of the client groups and successfully execute the talent acquisition strategy. Deliver high quality talent into the business by successful management of the end to end recruitment process in alignment with our Talent Selection methodology (Position intake meeting with hiring manager, determine sourcing and attraction strategy, ensure effective screening and interview process, coach hiring manager selection decision)..
- Support the Talent Acquisition Manager, Manage the end-to-end talent acquisition process: from receipt of approved requisition to accepted offer.
- Marketing/Advertising: Increasing the Black & McDonald brand to reach a broader and wider market of candidates; Finding new, innovating and creative ways to make B&M an appealing and desirable company to work for, especially outside of our immediate industry.
- Consult with hiring managers and Human Resources on the external market and develop and execute targeted sourcing strategies to reach top talent.
- Be accountable for meeting established performance targets and providing a high-quality candidate experience throughout the recruiting cycle.
- Utilize Breezy HR (applicant tracking system) to post positions, manage candidates, develop reports, and maintain all recruitment data
- Develop cost-effective recruiting and sourcing strategies; proactively create / maintain candidate pipelines as needed
- Partner with HR and hiring managers to provide ongoing status on candidates, facilitate selection of final candidate, and extend and negotiate the offer package
- Effectively manage projects, often with competing deadlines and priority, such as requisition management, status and metric reporting, compliance requirements
- Implement best practices to attract and recruit diverse talent including use of technology, social media, community outreach, educational, professional organizations, referral network
- Tenacity. A good recruiter is stubborn.
- Network Building
- Market Intelligence
- Sourcing Skill.
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent professional qualifications
- CHRP would be an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Recruitment & Human Resource
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- A university degree or college diploma in business or related field. Professional Human Resource Designation considered an asset.
- 3+ years of Recruitment experience within Facility Management or Construction
- Amazing time-management skills with the love of a fast paced work environment
- Proven Relationship Building Skills and ability to understand candidate’s needs and their alignment with our clients
- Understanding of the market for a wide variety of roles/skillsets, rates/salaries and candidate availability
- Ability to understand candidate’s needs and their alignment with our clients
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and other Human Resources Management software
- Familiarity with social networks, professional sites and resume databases
- Knowledge of Canadian labour legislation
- Ability to connect with candidates and potential candidates including ‘headhunting’
- Ability to handle various open positions simultaneously
- Experience with competency based Interviewing
- And most importantly, must have a good sense of humour!
Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.
Apply to this Career Opportunity
Explore all opportunities at Black & McDonald