About this Career Opportunity
Black & McDonald’s Facilities Maintenance team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you. We're looking for great talent to join our growing team as a General Maintenance Helper.
Who are we looking for?
- 2-3 years of experience in the maintenance of complex mechanical building systems including (i.e. heating and cooling systems and their distribution networks, HVAC distribution systems)
- Excellent customer service skills in ensuring client requests are responded to professionally
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
- Ability to work as part of a team
What would you be doing?
- Completes basic preventive/demand maintenance tasks; input histories if required
- Completes general maintenance of door/window hardware
- Re-lamps as required, maintains signage, complete filter changes
- Inspects/repairs interior/exterior elements i.e., walls, sidewalks, etc.
- Maintains/repairs concrete precast/cement, inspects roof for debris; reports damage
- Repairs drywall/tiles (floor and wall)
- Assists trade as required with light maintenance of mechanical/electrical equipment
- Escalates unusual events, occurrences or unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Responds to basic tenant requests and emergencies
- Respond to environmental/comfort complaints if required
- Monitors work of contractors/external service providers to ensure adherence to contract specifics and company/industry standards
- Participates in reviewing of operating standards, policies/procedures as required
- Minor pump servicing and trouble shooting
- Compressor maintenance, dry fire system maintenance
- Diesel fire alarm and life safety tests
- Works in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and all other applicable codes
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Performs light duties: sweeping, general cleaning, painting/patching, garbage removal, snow removal.
Why Black & McDonald?
- One company with endless opportunities to learn and grow
- A family business with family values
- Collaborative and supportive work culture
- We offer a great compensation package including:
- Health/medical/dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Retirement pension plan
- And so much more!
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.