Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Draftsperson located in Toronto, Ontario. The draftsperson will be part of the Engineering department working on substation design involving 2D and 3D drafting in AutoCAD.
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets.
Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada and the United States. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 20 offices.
• Create and/or update 2D and 3D models of components and assemblies independently and with direction from design engineers
• Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
• Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
• Develop and prepare design sketches
• Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
• Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
• Communicate with site staff for any drawing related inquiries
• Completion of a two- to three-year college program in engineering design and drafting technology or in a related field is usually required for drafting and design technologists
• 5 years minimum but 10 years preferred of 2D and 3D AutoCAD experience relating to substation design
• Experience with various engineering disciplines of drawings relating to substation design
• High attention to detail and consistency in design models
Competency Requirements (Skilled to Advanced Level)
• Change Orientation
• Communicates Effectively
• Continuous Learning
• Customer Focus
• Holds Self and Others Accountable
• Problem Solving and Innovation
• Teamwork and Collaboration