ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant in Richmond, Ontario. If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. This position is responsible to assist in maintaining a productive and efficient Dwyer Hill facility maintenance operation and will report directly to the Facility Manager. Training will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and operate our Enterprise Resource Program JD Edwards (JDE) as directed; manage work orders, create and maintain equipment history database, manage inventory and maintenance tracking modules, purchasing module, etc.
- Assist in the creation, management, and receipt of Purchase Orders through JDE.
- Receive and validate vendor invoices, assist with accounts receivable.
- Responsible for the payment of utilities bills and liaison with utilities suppliers for all supply and service management related issues.
- Assist in running and preparation of JDE site reports including unbilled report, RNV clean up, Job rollovers and transfers.
- Maintain the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and coordinate completion of Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasking.
- Follow up to ensure subcontractors provide service reports within contract timelines and ensure deficiencies are actioned as required.
- Manage on-site routine filing system (both hard copy and soft copy filing) of contract services and additional work requirements.
- Follow established procedures for call on-site routing and message taking.
- Operate office equipment including computer, facsimile and copy machine.
- Creation of documentation such as reports, presentations and proposals.
- Ensure timesheets are completed by employees and entered into the payroll system daily.
- Provide input to monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Support the Facility Manager with the development of training documentation and process overview documentation.
- Initiate, track and report on progress of subcontractor Facility Clearances. Coordinate site access as required in accordance with the on-site process.
- Ensure O&M manuals are kept current and standard operating procedures are reviewed and available.
- Participate in meetings, record and distribute minutes as required.
- Support on site quoting process, including processing of all T&M jobs.
- Ensure timely invoicing of all AWRs.
- Manage on-site office supplies and consumables ensuring sufficient stock is available at all times.
- Manage on-site uniform and clothing supply. Coordinate restocking orders as required.
- Other duties as required by Division Manager.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 1-2 years’ experience in administration. Subcontractor coordination and record management would be an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to obtain and hold security clearance.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Office Administration or relevant experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.