This position reports directly to the NB Commercial Mechanical Department Manager for New Brunswick, and will be working within the office located at 71 Loftus Street, Moncton, NB. The position involves working on a full-range of mechanical projects in the, commercial, government, and institutional markets.
- Prepare estimates of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Adhere to tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders (commercially and technically)
- Maintain tendering process, understand cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, suppliers, owners, contractors and subcontractors
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- 5 - 10 years’ estimating experience required. Candidates should have a background in Mechanical Engineering, a Construction Technology Program or a qualified tradesperson.
- Knowledge of mechanical piping and related equipment
- Motivated and able to work with deadlines
- Candidates must be capable using MS applications (Word, Excel, and Projects).
- Previous experience with estimating using ACCUBID would be considered an asset.
- Project Management experience would also be considered an asset