ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Facility Management Operations team is growing! If you are an analytical and collaborative professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Security Guard (Casual) is located in Toronto, ON and typically reports directly to the Security Guard Supervisor.
The Security Guard (Casual) will provide a friendly and safe environment for all patients, staff, volunteers and visitors.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· At least 6 months of security experience
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Must be available for casual shifts throughout the week (Monday-Sunday), sometimes with minimal notice
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills and ability to proactively achieve resolutions both through direction and negotiation
· Excellent judgment and ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in emergency situations
· Conflict Resolution skills
· First Aid and CPR level "C"
· Two year community college Law & Security or Police Foundations diploma preferred
· 3+ years of related experience in a health care environment considered a strong asset