ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Vancouver team is growing! If you are a hands-on, customer service-oriented, and technically-inclined professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Lead Mover is based at our Vancouver Community College sites and reports directly to the FMO Supervisor.
The Lead Mover will coordinate all moving duties around the facilities under the supervision of the FMO Supervisor. They will assign tasks to other movers and monitor the work to ensure jobs are set up correctly. The Lead Mover will also be required to perform minor repair, maintenance and assembly tasks as needed.
- Perform moving duties around the facility.
- Coordinate, plan and assign tasks to other movers.
- Move furniture and classroom equipment and setup rooms for classes.
- Plan, monitor and follow up on all work orders, ensuring they are completed safely, correctly and in a timely manner.
- Utilize computer-based software system to monitor work orders.
- Ensure safe loading of the moving van.
- Assist the courier with loading and unloading truck when needed.
- Perform light duties such as cleaning, garbage removal, snow removal, assisting building operators.
- Assist building operators and trades technicians when needed.
- Perform all responsibilities under direction from the site supervisor.
- Regularly communicate health, safety and environmental issues or concerns to the FMO Supervisor
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- No specific educational requirements; High School completion would be an asset.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience as a labourer/mover would be an asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required; fluent in English.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Able to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Maintain clear and courteous two way radio and/or phone etiquette.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
- Able to plan, assign and monitor tasks and lead by example.
- Able to work weekends/out of hours work when needed.
- Able to be flexible with start times.
- Willing and able to travel and work at the 3 facilities in Vancouver and on Annacis Island.
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kg (bending and lifting is required).