ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Western Industrial Region delivers solutions to a diverse customer base in Oil & Gas, Mining, Hydro, and Manufacturing across Canada’s four Western Provinces. Our business line includes Construction, Turnarounds & Maintenance, Commissioning, Fabrication and Engineering Services.
If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
We are seeking a Timesheet & LEM Administrator to be based at the CNRL Horizon Site in Northern Alberta. This is a temporary position to support an industrial construction turnaround project starting February 2023 with the potential to be 3-month duration. It will be a rotation of 4 days on & 3 days off at 10-hour days pre-outage with rotation to increase to 24 days on & 4 days off at 12-hour days during the outage. Charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton and camp will be provided.
The Timesheet & LEM Administrator is responsible for timesheet processing, payroll reconciliations, daily reporting, file maintenance, creating and submitting daily LEMs to the client and will report to Project Cost Controls. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure payroll timesheets & LEMs are audited, reconciled and submitted accurately and efficiently by the set deadline(s).
- Collect daily field sign-in sheets & timesheets
- Input timesheets data in system daily & send to payroll weekly
- Reconcile payroll hours and LEMs to ensure accuracy
- Produce daily reports
- Produce daily LEMs
- Coordinate with payroll & field supervision for any payroll errors brought forward, submit required documentation to correct errors as required
- Provide administrative assistance as required to the project team including but not limited to; onboarding, travel & accommodations, HR and safety tasks
- Assist project team in any other administrative duties as required
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma preferable in Business/Office Administration or equivalent
- CSTS-09 / CSO / BSO / PST / SCOTT
- 7+ years’ in a similar role & Industry with remote site experience
- Experience & knowledge working with unions
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook) in addition to SharePoint, scanning and working with pdf, jpeg & image documents
- Able to learn new systems and processes advanced computer literacy
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed
- Customer service focused mind set
- High attention to detail and extreme accuracy in all areas of work
- Able to work in a fast paced, multi deadline, team oriented environment with shifting priorities and rapid change
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks independently with strong time management skills to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals
- Ability to multi-task and with strong problem identification / resolution skills
- Self-motivated, action oriented and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently on routine tasks with a positive attitude
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Operates with integrity, discretion and maintains confidentially at all times
- Pre-access A&D will be required
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.