Black & McDonald’s Manitoba team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Sales Representative is responsible to prospect for, propose, and sell projects that repair, modify and/or replace existing building systems. To price the projects according to company pricing standards and maintain the gross margin goals assigned. To identify key accounts and provide service to achieve long term relationships for the company.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Sales Goals and Job Skills
- To annually sell projects as per respective objective targets with a minimum gross margin as assigned.
- Qualifying - To make qualifying presentations for the purpose of identifying customer needs, wants, problems and potential problems. To qualify opportunities and decide whether or not to pursue the opportunity and/or what products or solutions to propose. To actively pursue and make qualifying presentations as a planned sales activity.
- Strategy - To understand the customers' organization and identify key decision makers. Identify your sponsor or sponsors. To create a time table of events and decision matrix that will lead to favorable decisions and an order. To actively pursue and follow this strategic sales plan for each prospect.
- Sales Proposals - To make effective sales presentations that clearly identify to the customer the FEATURES, FUNCTIONS and BENEFITS of the proposal. To answer all questions and objections presented by the customer and turn each question or objection into a benefit statement. To actively pursue and make proposals as a planned sales activity.
Engineering and Surveying
- To survey and evaluate building systems, interpret drawings, equipment and on-site conditions. Identify changes in design criteria and changes in building occupancy or use. Determine repair, modification and/or replacement needs. To accomplish necessary engineering design to provide the customer with solutions for needs and problems.
- To estimate total cost of proposed repair modification and/or replacement, and apply mark-up to achieve departmental gross margin goals.
- To utilize the weekly sales planning tools and programs to plan and schedule time for prospecting, qualifying calls, sales proposals and follow-up calls.
- To maintain relationships with customers on an on-going basis via the Customer Satisfaction program. Address customer concerns and resolve problems to assure long customer satisfaction.
- To prepare complete and concise reports on sales plan activity (PAL) and monthly sales results.
- To create and maintain a backlog of proposals that will provide sufficient orders to meet sales goals. To promptly follow all leads and referrals. Provide feedback to person giving leads.
- To ensure that all projects commence within Job Start Up requirements
- To identify new market potential and enhancement of existing market potential.
- To be aware of all company capabilities and develop all opportunities for cross-selling these capabilities in your department.
- To build working relationships with customers and introduce other company personnel to your customers when it is possible to better serve their needs.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
- Degree or Diploma in business, engineering or related field experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a qualified tradesperson may substitute for education requirements
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years in Commercial and Industrial mechanical systems, and/or in a technical occupation
- Building Automation controls experience is an asset
- Previous experience within the service business would be considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to explain technical concepts that a customer can clearly understand
- Successful track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets, building a new book of business and growing a market
- Self-motivated individual with a high degree of professionalism and strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable speaking in public with confidence
- Proficient user of MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset
- Clean Class 5 MB Drivers’ License and Drivers’ Abstract